Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Whats Popping ?

In the days lost, so many things've happened. So many things changed. So much good. So little bad. Its time i record what popped when i was gone.

Start pop.

Popping #1:
- Broadband.
After almost half a score years later. The internet hath finally arrived at my house. Ever since it came, the knowledge burst has become two fold. I've learnt so many new things, relearned so many old things that i was doing wrong. Found new ways to do thing. The internet is indeed a wonderful place if one knows where to look for what and where not to look for what. Its like my dad said
What is man's best invention ?
- Computers and the Internet
and what is man's worst invention ?
- Computers and the Internet

Popping #2:
- The Guitar
The sweet sound of the plectrum against the string of the guitar has always captured me in its melody. Be it Metallica with "nothing else matters" or Iron Maiden with "Fear of the dark" or Plain white Ts with "Hey there delilah" or even Moldy Peaches with "Anyone else but you". The voice of the guitar singing in its D's and E's and the C#'s is something that i've always loved. So i decided to join classes and i got my own guitar.
I call her Akane. It means the shining sun in Japanese.
Update: I stopped playing akane and going to class :( too much of strain from college. When this is all done, i want to give my undivided attention to her :D




Popping #3:
- The thing i had been waiting for over 4 years now.
When i was a kid, my dad showed me this instrument. He said "son, this can capture life as we see it and it is the only thing that can trap memories in its purest form." I didnt understand what he meant back then because lets face it - Iwasakid. But then, years passed, my love for it grew and i begun to understand his words. "trap" memories in its purest form. To illustrate, lemme give you a simple example:
Assume you are happily married and you have a kid - The CUTEST little thing on the planet is crawling around the house playing with its toys and building blocks and suddenly, it grabs a surface, pulls itself up and starts walking, one step at a time. At this point of time i ask you a question:
Would you think you'd more cherish a video of her taking her first steps ?
or.
Would you cherish more, a black and white photo of her, laughing, one leg in the air and the struggle visible ?
This is the question i've always asked myself. And my answer -Always the latter.
And my dad, he gave me something that i will cherish for the rest of my life: A Dslr ! Canon EOS 450D AKA the Rebel Xsi. Thanks dad.

The Clarity, the Depth of field, the sharpness is all unmatched.
Thanks again dad. She's beautiful!

You can find me on flickr at this link. Please feel free to follow me and leave your comments!



Update: i think i'm gona caller her Eksi !

Popping #4:
- \m/
Sennheiser HD 201









Sennheiser MX 160


Simply said: Sexy. Sweet. Loud. I Love it!

Popping #5:
- qwerty (Soap dabba, some call it)
Ever since i remember, i was obsessed with with the computer. I still have a picture of me sitting on my dad's lap randomly hitting at the keyboard. Well, what can i say ? A born geek ? xD And i still remember,  my dad trying to teach me touch typing with all the "asdfgf ;lkjhj" but i refused to learn. For me, i like doing things on my own and once in a while, i do enjoy reinveting the wheel. So i started my own method of touch typing :P well, its just fingers randomly placed on Lshift + W + E + F (left hand) and Enter + O + P + K + Space (right hand). Hah who cares :P
I got a qwerty phone ! :D Woo !
Samsung corby txt ! :D




End Pop.

As far as i know, i guess thats what's been popping till date. If there are any pops, i'll sure update :P

Peace out for now ^^ \/

1 comment:

so, whaddu you want to say ?